We make skincare products, we make products that benefit your skin through skin surface and epidermal nutrition. The most important thing is that our products work but we will NOT do that without a thought for the world we live in.
Here are some of the things we do to take care of our world:
- All of our products are vegan – we get vegan statements from all of our suppliers.
- All of our products are cruelty-free, this means the finished product, and the raw ingredients – we get cruelty-free statements from all of our suppliers.
- We buy ingredients from sustainable sources, e.g. plantations that have ethical practices around habitats and replanting.
- Our Argan oil comes from the Berber Women’s co-operative in Morocco which creates employment and empowerment for the local women.
- We use recyclable packaging – glass and aluminium which is widely recycled. We chose PET plastic for some products as it was light weight and would lower our carbon footprint but not all territories recycle plastic so eventually we will remove all PET plastic bottles. New ranges since 2017 have been packaged in recyclable packaging. We will continue to innovate in this area and are working towards minimum waste packaging.
- Our delivery packaging is all paper – We invested in a paper system in Jan 2019 and all packaging we buy is paper. We sometimes use a degradable envelope that looks like plastic, but it is not. See the photo for more information.
- We believe in “Reduce/Reuse and only if you can’t do these, Recycle” #holos-reuse
- If you ever receive plastic in your delivery, it is because we are reusing plastic that came to us in a delivery. We encourage you to reuse it too. It can’t be recycled and it will end up in landfill so keep reusing it.
- We collect clean boxes and packaging from other businesses and reuse those for deliveries.
- We send all of our glass essential oil bottles to a therapist who works with children and adults with sensory needs. The aromas from the used bottles help in their therapy.
- Holos makes charitable financial and product donartions each year to organisations that we believe matter. These include organisations that support health, education, children, women, animals, LGBTQIA+, asylum seekers and more.
I’d love to hear ways in which you are more environmentally and sustainably aware.
All the best